- John W. Engeman Theater
- Northport's own first live theater at 250 Main Street; tele: 631-261-2900. Special performances for children in addition to Broadway-quality shows for adults. Check with local restaurants for dining/show packages.
- Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts
- Located at 2 East Main Street in Smithtown; tele: 631-724-3700. Special performances for the family
in addition to Broadway-quality shows for adults. Tickets by subscription and individual performances.
- Tilles Center
- Tilles Center for the Performing Arts, on the C.W. Post campus of LIU in Brookville.
- Staller Center
- Staller Center for the Arts, on the Stony Brook University campus; tele: 631-632-2787.
- Northport Symphony Orchestra
- The Northport Symphony Orchestra is committed to providing outstanding music to the Long Island community.
- The Northport Chorale
- The Northport Chorale was formed in 1982 as part of the Northport Continuing Education Program. Since then the Chorale has grown in size as well as accomplishments and has become a popular, familiar addition to many local events both within and outside the Northport community.
- Northport Historical Society & Museum
- Located at 215 Main Street. Check here for information about their exhibitions and annual antiques show.
- Northport Arts Coalition
- Check here for a variety of events in the Northport area.
- Heckscher Museum of Art
- Located at 2 Prime Avenue in Huntington; tele: (631) 351-3250. Town of Huntington residents are admitted free after 2pm on Wednesday and before 1pm on Saturday.
- Huntington Historical Society
- The Society shares its collections with the community in both the 1750 David Conklin Farmhouse & Museum (2 High Street, Huntington) and the Huntington Library (338 Main Street, Huntington). Highlights of the extensive collection include the famed Brown Brothers stoneware made locally from 1863-1905. See their website for hours and exhibit information.
- Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities
- Located in Cold Spring Harbor at Route 25A/Shore Road. Check here for information about their exhibitions, historic house tours and annual antiques show.
- Greenlawn-Centerport Historical Association
- Check here for information about their exhibitions and annual antiques show.
- Vanderbilt Museum
- Located at 180 Little Neck Road in Centerport; tele: 631-854-5555.
Visit the Mansion, Planetarium and Natural History Museum.
- Kings Park Heritage Museum
- Check here for information about their collections, events and exhibitions.
- The Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages
- Long Islandís largest privately supported museum, located in Stony Brook. Wonderful special exhibits change frequently.
- LI Aquarium & Exhibition Center (formerly Atlantis Marine World)
- Located along the Peconic River in Riverhead. Open 364 days. Features 100 exhibits and interactive experiences.
- Railroading Museum of Long Island
- Check here for information about their collections, events and exhibitions. Locations in Greenport and Riverhead.
- Huntington Arts Council
- "Full listing of cultural events all over Long Island."
- Newsday's Entertainment Section
- Newsday's coverage of entertainment throughout Long Island.
- Northport Chamber of Commerce
- Direct link to their list of events in the Northport area.
- Long Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Need some ideas for things to do? Start planning here. An excellent resource for visitors and residents alike.
- Local Long Island guide includes news, classifieds, business directory, maps, and more.
- Splish Splash Water Park
- 96-acre water park in Riverhead, the largest in NY State. Drop the kids off and head to Tanger.
- Boat Owners Association of the U.S.
- Boating your form of entertainment? Lots of helpful news and advice for boat owners.
- U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Division
- Official website. Review safety tips, news, recalls, defects, laws/regulations you should know.
- Optimum TV Program Guide
- Enter your zip, choose your town and get your guide.
- Programming guide for DirecTV.
- Newsday's TV News & Guide
- TV news, reviews and programming guide.
- TV Guide
- TV Guide (online version of the weekly magazine).
- You Tube-TV Shows
- It's amazing how many of our old favorites you'll find here.
- Newsday's Movie News & Guide
- Movie news, reviews and theatre guide.
- NYTimes Movie News & Guide
- Movie news, reviews and theater guide.
- Huntington Cinema Arts Centre
- "Long Island's Film Window on the World". Movies, speakers, special events. Located at 423 Park Avenue in Huntington. Tele: (631) 423-7611.
- Regal Entertainment (movie theatres)
- Regal and UA cinemas. Select theatre locations by state to find the theatres and showtimes near you.
Nearby theatres in Deer Park (Tanger Outlet Center/455 Commack Rd.) and Farmingdale (20 Michael Ave.). Join their Regal Crown Club
to earn free refreshments and movie tickets.
- Movie news, reviews, theater guide and ticket purchase service.
- Northport-East Northport Public Library
- Your local library system. Great feature: reserve books and DVD/video tapes online.
- International Movie Database (IMDB)
- Comprehensive information about movies, TV shows, actor/actress profiles and much more. A favorite of millions.
- TKTS Discount NY Theatre Tickets
- This is a direct link to a list of all shows that were offered at a discount last week at the three TKTS
discount booths in New York City. While their reporting always lags by one week, it still gives you a
good idea of what to expect when you might go to get their great discounts. Their main location is in the
center of Times Square in Manhattan (47th Street/Broadway); other locations: South Street Seaport and
- Event tickets nationwide with a focus on Broadway.
- Event tickets nationwide with a focus on sports and concerts.
- Tickets and news for live theatre on Broadway, Off-Broadway, regional/tours and London.
- Broadway Box
- Discount codes for Broadway and Off-Broadway shows.
- "Tickets for theater everywhere."
- Who knew?! Costco offers discount tickets for a full range of movie theaters, theme parks and more nationwide.
You have to be a Costco member and be sure to check prices elsewhere before buying.
- Broadway Stars
- This site offers the latest news about Broadway shows.